The Composite Door Collection
The Hurst Composite door is a breakthrough in door technology, combining proven levels of high security with incredible good looks. In fact, quite simply, it’s a door that possesses superior style with strength.
What do you look for in a door?
- Style – We offer Composite doors that are aesthetically pleasing, available in a wide range of colours and a variety of glass options.
- Security – Keep intruders out! Our Composite doors are made from impact resistant GRP with a rigid polymer subframe – proven to PAS 24 Security Standard, a prerequisite for achieving ‘Secured by Design’ endorsement.
- Weather Resistance – Our Composite door keeps the elements at bay, proven to BS6375-1 Classification, for weather tightness, air, wind and water.
- Heat Insulation – The Hurst Composite door exceeds Approved Document L of the Building Regulation requirements, keeping your home insulated and your bills down.
- Sound Insulation – Protecting you from external noise, our doors have at least Outdoor-Indoor Transmission Class: 26db and at least Sound Transmission Class (STC): 29db
- Durability – A door with pedigree, offering strength, high impact resistance and stability – all backed by our ten year guarantee!
The Hurst insulated composite door is strong, durable and secure. Manufactured to an exacting and high quality specification. It’s strength comes from the construction of it’s sub-frame in solid, water-resistant polymer material, reinforced behind with Laminated Veneered Lumber (LVL) The thermoset GRP skins are then bonded to the sub frame, and its core filled with high density, 100% CFC-free polyurethane foam.
The thermoset GRP skins are depression moulded featuring a lifelike grain effect and high definition panels providing an
authentic timber like door with all the advantages but limited maintenance. Thermoset GRP cannot expand or contract laterally such that the door cannot increase or decrease in size, an advantage over other commonly used materials.
The factory finish colours of White, Black, Blue, Green and Red have pre-pigmented GRP skins which are over-sprayed with a UV stable paint.
Our premium colour range utilises the latest advanced paint technologies, introducing 12 new colours designed to stand the test of time. Our colours are applied with state of the art spraying equipment that guarantees a smooth, even finish whilst maintaining the traditional grain definition of your composite door. Don’t let us stop you there, if you have a particular colour in mind and nothing else will do, our colour matching service ensures that it is not a problem. We can accurately recreate colours from all the major paint manufactures as well as the RAL, British Standard and Pantone colour palettes.
The doors’ insulation properties are excellent in both sound reduction and heat retention. In the case of sound this is particularly helpful in reducing traffic noise, with its high level of thermal insulation, it outperforms both timber and PVC-u doors. This insulation contributes to the general energy efficiency of your home, and savings to your bills.
The Hurst composite door is environmentally friendly as it rates low in both Global Warming Potential (GWP) with a score of less than five and Ozone Depletion scoring zero.
Our doors are well insulated, made to last, look good, environmentally friendly, offer superior protection and will serve you well for many years to come. Whatever you look for in a door, we’ve got it covered.
Maintenance of your Composite door
To prolong the life of the surface finish of your door, we’ve put together a guide which you can download here.